I love highlighters. But I’m also very specific about the type of highlighters that I use. With my pale and cool-toned skin, most highlighters just don’t work for me.
These are the highlighters that I find work best for me:
- Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere in Sheen
- This is the highlighter that made me fall in love with highlighters. It looks absolutely perfect on the tops of the cheekbones and the texture is just gorgeous.
- Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter
- I am no actually a huge fan of this on the face. I find it sits a little funny on top of my foundations. Somethings about it just doesn’t work for me. I do, however, really enjoy this as a body highlighter. It’s perfect on the shoulders or collar bone to give a beautiful dewy effect.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Lit Powder in 13 Ivory
- Literally my perfect blinding inner corner highlight. If you want your eyes to really stand out, this will definitely give you that effect. I plan to pick up more colors since they have recently expanded the color range.
- Dior Nude Air Luminizer in 002 Pink Glow
- The best everyday powder highlighter. When I’m running out the door, this is always what I reach for. It has a pink base, which works amazingly for my cool toned skin. I find that this is my most versatile highlighter, as I can use is on my cheekbones, bridge of the nose, as an inner corner highlight, as well as on the body. Everywhere I have used it, it has looked beautiful. I’m definitely thinking of purchasing 001 Nude Glow as well for a more golden version.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter in Opal
- The pressed powder version of Opal is far too dark for my skin tone, but somehow the liquid version works perfectly. Tapped into the skin with your fingers, it gives the perfect subtle “is she actually wearing highlighter or is she just naturally that radiant” glow.
What are your favorite highlighters?
Love the post!! I absolutely love the Dior one!!
I am dying to try the Make Up For Ever Powders! My favorite highlight right now is my Jouer one and my Makeup Revolution!